Getting to the venue
Coming from the south (A2/Breda-Utrecht)
1. Follow directions towards the A10 (Ring Amsterdam). Turn onto the A10 going south-west (s108 - s101/Den Haag). Don't go faster than 80 if indicated, we have 'Trajectcontrole' and it might cost you as it measures your average speed over a specified distance!
2. Take exit s103/s104, towards Haarlem. At the end of the exit, at the traffic light, turn left onto the N200 (Haarlemmerweg, direction Haarlem/Halfweg). Follow the signs Haarlem and turn left at the third traffic light (direction s104, Slotermeer/Geuzenveld). On the roundabout, take the first turn to your right (direction Geuzenveld, Antony Modderstraat). Follow this road for a long time (it changes names) until you see the LIDL supermarket in front of you. Directly after the sharp turn to the left, turn right into Cornelis Outshoornstraat. Follow this road and turn left at the end onto the Bok de Korverweg. At the end of this road, you will enter the parking area. At your right hand you will find the Rugby Stadium where the main tent is located.
Coming from the south-west (A4/Schiphol)
Turn on the A10 (Ring Amsterdam) direction west (Zaanstad/Leeuwarden). Then take it from step 2 as displayed above.
From the East (A1/Amersfoort)
Turn onto the A10 (Ring Amsterdam) going north (Zaanstad). Take exit s102/ Westpoort. At the end of the exit, turn right onto the Basisweg at the traffic light, towards s102/IJmuiden. At the fourth traffic light, turn left at the sign for the s104 (on your right at the crossing there is a building with very huge the word 'Scherpenzeel' on it). You are now on the Seineweg. Go straight and pass by two traffic lights until you hit a roundabout (towards Geuzenveld/Slotermeer). At the roundabout, take the first turn to your right (Antony Modderstraat, towards Geuzenveld). Follow this road for a long time (it changes names) until you see the LIDL supermarket in front of you. Directly after the sharp turn to the left, turn right onto Cornelis Outshoornstraat. Follow this road and turn left at the end onto Bok de Korverweg. At the end of this road, you will enter the parking area. At your right hand you will find the Rugby Stadium where the main tent is located.
From Amsterdam Central Station
Take Citybus 21 (GVB) labeled with the destination “Geuzenveld”. Buses leave approximately every 10 minutes until midnight (then they drop in frquency) and the trip takes about 30 minutes. The last bus leaves Central Station at 3am. Get off the bus at the stop called 'Aalbersestraat'. Follow the arrows from the bus stop to the front entrance of the sports park (approx. 1 kilometer / 12-minute walk).
From Schiphol Airport
Take Citybus 69 (GVB) labeled with the destination “Station Sloterdijk”. The bus leaves approximately every 20 minutes until midnight (then drops in frequency) and the trip takes 25 minutes on the bus followed by a 15 minute to walk. The last bus leaves at 3am. Get off the bus at the bus stop called ‘Troelstralaan’. Then walk as follows:
SUGGESTION FOR TEAMS IN A HURRY TO GET TO THE FIELDS : A taxi will take 15-20 minutes, and should cost around 35 Euros for 4 people or less. Alternatively, take a taxi minibus for 8 people. Both of these can be organized and reserved in advance by calling +31206777777 (Taxi Company Amsterdam).
Some tips for taking buses in the Netherlands:
- generally the bus driver will be able to speak some English, but don't rely on it.
- tell the driver you are going to Sportpark De Eendracht and that you need to get off at Wittewaalpad (pronounced 'wittuh-wall-pad'. Or bring a note with you and let the driver pronounce it themselves. ;-). Most drivers will be kind enough to give you a signal when you should get off.
- By far, the cheapest way to travel on busses, trains and trams is with an 'OV chipcard'. OV chipcards are sold at all rail stations. Everyone will need their own card. Check/ tap in when entering a bus or tram and most importantly don't forget to check out when getting off.
If you dont get the chance to get a Chipcard, you can always buy a single travel ticket on any bus or tram, this is a bit more expensive. Around 3 euros from Amsterdam Central Station to the fields.
- For other public transit directions, go to the journey planner resource 9292.nl or download their free app.